Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

It Takes a Village

It's Christmas Eve and I'm sitting with my family, drinking coffee, snuggling with nieces and nephews and thinking about all the ways God has blessed us over the last 12 months.

He gave me a new job which I absolutely love. He blessed Josh with another year of teaching in Arlington. He put us in a fabulous church and lifegroup full of people who challenge us, love us and bring us joy. He got us through one year on the waiting list for our children. I could go on and on. But, one of the blessings this year that will forever be close to my heart was the Both Hands project we did through Lifesong for Orphans.

Twenty of our dearest friends came together to help us raise money for our adoption. We worked with a widow "Nanny" who was in need of home and landscape repairs. We planted gardens, painted awnings, cleaned gutters, trimmed trees, fixed plumbing and electrical problems inside. We gave her presents and hugs and reminded her of how thankful we are that she allowed us to serve her like she has spent her life serving others. Our goal is to raise $10,000 and we are getting closer. Here is the video highlighting our project!! It was a great day and I can't wait to share with my children how much they were loved before they were known!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__osqzEbESA

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture of love and serving. That was a tear jerker. :)

    I hope you all are doing well - I know this long wait can get really hard. Praying for you as you approach two years of waiting. Feel free to email anytime - www.loveforethiopia.blogspot.com
    Liz

    ReplyDelete