Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A New Community

We attended a BBQ/educational event with our adoption agency last night. It always amazes me how conversation starts immediately when you have things in common with someone. Unlike the middle school lunchroom, we can walk into a room full of strangers who we know only one thing about and find complete comfort in their presence. Without uttering a single word about the crazy emotions going through my heart and head, these couples know. They are also waiting for their children from Ethiopia.

We enjoyed sweet tea, brisket, baked beans and cupcakes as we shared where we are in the journey and celebrated with those who are closest to their referral. I love when people going through the same thing as me know just what to say to make my heart feel better!

By the time the two-hour session was over, we were exchaning every form of communication possible. I couldn't be more excited to get to know our new community of friends as we walk through this journey together!

No comments:

Post a Comment